Thursday, July 16, 2009

Top Ten Times to Never Give Someone a Mix CD

me: I feel like I never really got into Pearl Jam, cuz all I hear is the same four songs over and over on the radio and it makes me not want to listen to the rest of their music.

him: Yeah, you gotta own their albums to realize how extensive their collection is. I'll make you a mix cd of all their best songs.

me: Hey, thanks! You can give it to me next time you're out here in California.

him: I will. And as we're snuggling in the morning, just as things start heating up...I'll make sure to suddenly get up and grab the mix cd to give to you.

me: that actually sounds like one of the top ten times to NEVER give someone a mix cd.

him: You should blog about that! You should totally write a blog called "The Top Ten Times to Never Give Someone a Mix CD!"

me: I WILL. SO THERE.

ahem. without further ado:

The top ten times to never give someone a mix cd

10. As your friend is leaving for a ten day road trip...in a car that doesn't have a cd player.

9. Giving someone a mix cd... as you're breaking up with him/her. No. No. No.

8. After your friend just got out of ear surgery.

7. Right after someone announces, almost angrily, "I HATE mix cds."

6. Giving a mix cd, pretty much anytime, to a deaf person. Now you're just a jerk.

5. As the two of you are about to jump out a plane at 14,000 feet, hopefully strapped to parachutes. If you and your friend do NOT have parachutes, this makes it even worse timing.

4. After you find out that your friend's car was broken into, and the cd player was stolen.

3. At a funeral. At least be respectful and wait until the memorial service.

2. Giving a mix cd to your friends/roommates/parents/enemies when THEY are in bed with someone. Point in fact, why are you even in the room?

and of course:

1. While the two of you are in bed together. There are more important things to be dealt with.

6 comments:

Di said...

I love mix cds and this is hysterical.

Also, a little birdie named Lira told me that you and I are going to the same concert tomorrow -- awesome!

Phoenix said...

Awesome, see ya there Di!

Shanna Suburbia said...

A friend once spent hours making a mix mp3 cd for a Vegas drive before we got in the car and informed him that the cd player in the car was a normal 6-disc and not an mp3 cd player. too bad.

Phoenix said...

::covering my mouth to keep from laughing in horror::

Shanna, that sucks!

Vincetastic said...

Hey Phoenix, this is an excellent top ten list. And I thought it was always appropriate to give the gift of a mix tape. #3 and #7 are my favorite. You can cross-post this to our site http://www.toptentopten.com/ and link back to your site. We are trying to create a directory for top ten lists where people can find your site. The coolest feature is you can let other people vote on the rankings of your list.

Jon Wells said...

Also don't give one to someone for whom you don't really mean it... I mean, that's just asking for trouble.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin