Friday, May 29, 2009

week in photographs

I don't usually photograph everything that happens in a week, but it was Memorial Day weekend and my best friend's baby shower, the camera was around anyways, and we're such visual creatures...

At any rate, posting photographs of the events seemed a better way to express my emotions over the past week than a blog that simply said:


I made chocolate covered strawberries for Memorial Day


My best friend (who just got her PHD in Archaeology, how hot is that?!) is expecting her first baby, a little girl










































The daffodil issue was resolved (for now) by purchasing some lovely fake ones from Michaels, but I'm looking forward to paper, leather, or felt flowers in my apple green vase soon, as several of you suggested (and even offered to help me make)






























wishing you the loveliest of weekends...full of laughter, friends, and surprises...

3 comments:

krista said...

dude. totally forgot to send you the link the flowers.
okay...here's two that i've tried that turn out really really cute. i've used different colored paper and i've made them a whole lot bigger and they're adorable.

http://creaturecomforts.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/06/tutorial-tuesda.html

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/7515/how-to-make-simple-white-paper-flowers

Gwen said...

Gorgeous photos!!! Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!!! Thanks for visiting yesterday. I love your blog!!! XOXO

Phoenix said...

Thanks, guys!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin