Monday, May 18, 2009

wait, we had an earthquake?

I was in an underground parking garage last night, digging through what crap I wanted to bring in to the apartment (pack-rats LOVE using their cars as secondary storage units) when the car shook a little.

Huh. Must've been me, I thought. And I wiggled my butt a little in the car seat to make the car shake some more, the car did indeed keep rocking, and I giggled and thought nothing of it, then headed upstairs where I proceeded to make myself a delicious dinner.

I don't want to say anything too far-fetched, but I'm possibly the only person in Southern California who was gleefully and completely unwittingly helping out an earthquake shake her car while in an underground parking garage last night.

But I know I'm not the only one who found out we had an earthquake by signing onto Facebook and reading everyone else's freak out statuses. Facebook is also how I found out about swine flu, being a non-news person myself.

Who says social networking doesn't pay off?

2 comments:

krista said...

it's also a good way to find out one of your closest friends has found a boyfriend.
kind of puts the friendship into perspective.

Phoenix said...

Fantastic point, Krista -- I hate signing onto Facebook and seeing someone I thought I was close to has changed their relationship status -- and I had no freakin' clue.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin