Okay, so sometime in the last two weeks when I wasn't blogging I got tagged not once, but twice, for the same award. It looks like this:
And it comes with the homework assignment that I have to write 6 things about myself, some of them true, at least one of them not so true, then let you guys guess in the comments section (only if you want to) what is and isn't accurate, and finally I'll reveal the truth in another post later this week. Oh, and I also have to tag seven people to do the same, if they are willing and able. :) Phew. Sounds like a lot of hard work, no?
Since I haven't done one of these "facts all about me" posts in a while, (I tend to lean more towards raconteur-style blogging, I like to think - maybe that's why I got a Creative Writing award?) and it's Monday and everyone's screaming at each other like five year old children over every single internet forum about the Health Care bill that passed, I thought: why not avoid all topical, political, and personal debate today and just blab on about myself for a post? Well, why not indeed.
1) Even though I'm definitely a tomboy, I still put a lot of care into my appearance by doing my hair and makeup every day and making sure I always look my cutest. Hey, being a tomboy doesn't mean you have to dress like a guy :)
2) I went to modeling school when I was in junior high school, competed in modeling contests and shows, and even landed myself a modeling agent at one point. I also took professional acting classes as a kid at a renowned professional theater company in Southern California.
3) I worked retail once in LA and had Drew Carey as a customer. I asked him for his autograph - on his credit card slip. I had no idea who he was, but I did make him laugh really hard. I only found out it was him after he left the store.
4) I was a theater technician at my college, both during the school year and the summertime. I worked in the shop building sets, painting scenery, hanging lights from thirty feet above the stage, and did running crew as well for most of the productions.
5) I consider myself fairly fearless, but I hate roller-coasters. They scare the crap out of me!
6) I hate snakes. I can deal with spiders, cockroaches, bees, hornets, lizards, whatever...but snakes are gross.
K, so that's it! Feel free to play along and post six facts about yourself on your own blogs, or take the time to guess which facts about me you think are true in my comments section. I tag:
Happy Hour...Somewhere, because she cracks me up
A Polar Bear's Love Song, because she's my bestest friend
The Struggling Actress, because I can't wait to see what she comes up
James Gang in Kearney, because he needs an award that isn't pink and frilly on his page and I'd love to learn more about him and his family
Jeans Friday, because I love her sense of humor, hilarious stories about her dad, and how open she is with her heart
Okie over at Cucullus non facit monachum, because he loves Latin as much as I do and is a true creative writer
and Clarity over at Clarity in Wonderland, because we've never met and she's still my British bff who offers me Cadbury Creme eggs and a good listening ear in a crisis, even as she is going through her own grieving. Clarity - I'll let you know in December if I'm going through withdrawal and need any creme eggs. In the meantime, darling, if there is anything I can do for you...just let me know. ::Hugs::
So that's it!
Oh, and many, many thanks to the two lovely bloggers who passed along the award to me: B. Nagel, whose creative and anecdotal writing is simply amazing (check out one of his short stories here) and Robin, who blogs every single day, leaves the kindest comments on my posts, and is so compellingly honest and direct in her writing style (like in this post)- it just blows me away.
Go and check out B.'s and Robin's facts if you have the time, too!
Happy (completely politics-free!) rest of your Monday!
5 months ago