Wednesday, March 24, 2010

catching up on pictures...

So while I keep you guys guessing for one more post about what's fact and fiction when it comes to my life, I thought I'd deliver you guys up some pictures from the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies engagement party I threw a couple weeks ago...that was not MY engagement party.

Just so we're super clear on that one. Heh...heh...hrmmm.

Might as well laugh about it.

Anyways, enjoy! And these were all pictures that I took with my normal camera, then went here and downloaded an application that turns them into Polaroid-looking pictures. Nifty, eh?


The groom-to-be, Eric, munching on a scone. My friend Kelice in the background, looking all dainty.


Blood-splattered Mandy filling out a couples-quiz.


Zombified me, looking like my eyeliner skills suck.


I made red-velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, crumbled Oreo on top, then stuck in doll hands. They came out perfect.


Oh, $1.29 daffodils at Trader Joe's, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...


All the tea sandwiches were a hit, but the crowd favorite was cucumber and cream cheese.


For favors, we grabbed red and black tea-light holders, put some Spanish moss and rocks in them, then half-buried bloody doll torsos and glow-in-the-dark zombie finger puppets.


Somebody left their hand at the party. I still haven't tracked down who the owner is yet... ::clears throat:: Will the owner of their missing right hand please come claim it? It's still dripping in my kitchen sink! ;)


Perhaps it belonged to this young zombie...my friend Isaac had the best costume by far!


Yes, I'm aware I'm a dork because there are no pictures of the BRIDE-to-be... but it's not my fault. I took about four pictures then went back to making sandwiches and heating up scones.

I know...excuses, excuses. The groom-to-be did record a video of it, though...maybe I'll see if he can put it online and you guys can see how pretty (and blood-splattered) everyone looked. Yay!

19 comments:

Lira Kellerman said...

I LOVE the cupcakes with the baby arms coming out! Hilarious!
The next time YOU get engaged, can you throw ME a bridal shower too?
Heh heh hrmm....

Ashley said...

This looks like such a great time. I live for theme parties! The last theme party my husband and I attended no one else dressed up like they were supposed to....we were soooo embarassed!

Loved the favors, cakes, and general scariness!

Wine and Words said...

And a ghoul time was had by all!

Marion said...

What fun! Damn, I wish you were my friend. You give the best parties!! Great photos, too. Blessings!

Mrs Anne said...

i LOVE theme parties! :)

adorable.

Bathwater said...

And the other adventure you are making us wait about.......hmmmmm?

Pretty Zesty said...

oh my GOD! This is awesome. YOU are AWESOME! CAPS!!! hahaha

Radical Bradacal said...

Nice!

Robin said...

So disgusting it was cool. It looks like everyone had an awesome time. If you keep doing everything so well, people keep assigning you tasks. I am surprised you haven't figured this out yet. You have to SUCK at these things in order to get out of throwing them.... My darling, I think I need to send you an informative email on how to avoid party planning...lol. I am glad you had a good time and everyone had so much fun:-) You keep taking care of you and it's all good!!!!

Deech said...

OK, so I loved the theme! Loved the food...looked awesome! The party favors rocked. Your costume was awesome...the right hand..awesome again. Mandy looked HAWT! And overall it looked like a great time to be had by all.

The dude with the best costume? He really should take over where Rick Baker left off...he has talent!

Gwen said...

What a fun party!!! The cupcakes are "adorable" (is that the right word here?). Looks like everyone had a great time at "your" engagement party. :) XOXO

jenn said...

how fun - i love theme parties! and i also love trader joe's - especially their flowers! :)

The Kid In The Front Row said...

cool pics!

Mary Bergfeld said...

...and I'm sure a good time was had by all. I found your blog by chance but will be back often. I really enjoy what you are doing here. Have a wonderful day...Mary

drollgirl said...

you are SO FUN and SO FUNNY!!! and i bet you had a blast! i get the feeling that you have good times a LOT, and that you get the most out of life! kudos to you, girlie! :)

Angie Muresan said...

I wish I knew you when I had my engagement party. You sure know how to give the coolest parties!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

the doll hands are good! I should do it at work with people's sandwiches! whaahhh~

Purple Cow said...

Interesting that more people wanted to be zombies than "Pride and Prejudice" but it still beats me why you mixed these two themes that seem to be irrelevant between themselves. Looks like a fun party though...No pictures of the bride to be? Are you sure that's not YOU? ;-)

Barbara said...

When you're the hostess it's damn hard to be thinking about photos for your blog! Waiting for the video though.

Great party! And Gross. I love it. You can't get any bloodier than a red velvet cupcake and with a doll's hand? OMG.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin