Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September

(photo credit: I got it from here)

“Here is the truth about September: it sneaks up on you and all of a sudden it’s autumn, and you don’t know what to do with your recently orphaned August daydreams so you tuck them between the pages of brand new notebooks and leave them in the corners of your sweatshirt pockets to gather lint and you set them on fire until all the trees are smoldering red and orange and yellow.” - unknown (meaning: I don't know who said it. If you do, please let me know in your comment?)

I am busier than I have been in a very, very long time... but tomorrow I leave for Yosemite National Park and I plan on not turning on my phone once, not answering a single email, just spending time with my family and boyfriend and taking photographs and hiking until my heart quickens and my breath deepens and I am grateful for every last ounce of my life.

I will be back next week with a GPOY post (Gratuitous Pictures of Yourself) that will cover everything from the Fourth of July to my new headshots to a few pictures on set of the horror film I'm still shooting to Yosemite, and everything in between.

Have a beautiful week, everyone. I'm so grateful to be a part of this blogging community.

17 comments:

Wine and Words said...

Gratuitous head shots? I drool! (okay, not really...but I dunno what else to say!)

Yosemite is so beautiful! Enjoy it. I will not call. I will not e-mail. But if you see a snail with a letter on it's back...

Elisabeth said...

For us here in Australia, the first buds of springtime. For you the changing colours of September.

Have a great holiday , Tracy, and enjoy the freedom from technological contacts to which you refer and savour instead a dose of healthy contact with real loved ones.

The rest of us real ones in the blogosphere will be thinking of you, speaking for myself that is.

Marion said...

What a beautiful post, Ninja Phoenix! (We got down to a record-breaking 51 degrees last night here in Louisiana, just amazingly magical). I wish I could hide in your pocket and see Yosemite for the first time.

I'm so happy that you're busy and doing good. Have a great time. I can't wait to see your photos when you get back!!! xo

kj said...

all this makes me smile a very wide smile.

i have a good feeling, tracy


kj

Bathwater said...

Ahhh, a post promising a good post. Only you can get away with that :).

Lira Kellerman said...

Enjoy your vacation. You deserve it!

Lori ann said...

envious! wave hello to my husband, he'll be going up mt. whitney. enjoy completely!

Gisizee said...

Enjoy your time away, my friend. By the way, I recognize that photo - it was my computer-provided wallpaper for quite a long time, and really does capture what autumn's all about!

The Kid In The Front Row said...

Sound like things are going well with you. Enjoy the family time :)

Ed Pilolla said...

hope you are having a great trip:)

Okie said...

Have a ball unplugging in Yosemite. It sounds like a great trip. I'm jealous. :)

Darcy said...

HAVE FUN! can't wait to see your gratuitous pics :-)!

Eric W. Trant said...

Hope the trip is/was safe and fun and a wonderful diversion from the real world.


- Eric

Matthew MacNish said...

Hi Phoenix. When I asked my readers what other blogs I should follow yesterday, Eric W. Trant suggested yours.

And now I'm glad he did, because OMG, you quoted Gimli! Hey, even if it's not in the book, I still love that line.

So now here I am, following your blog.

Nice to meet you!

Snowbrush said...

Gosh, I hope you had a good trip. Yes, it's true what you say about September. Right about now, I'm envying you because you live so much further south than I. The days here are too gray and too short in winter.

ELLIE BELLIE ELLIS said...

that poem about september was written by a girl named anna peters. you can find her work here. http://topographe.tumblr.com

Phoenix said...

Thank you for the heads up!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin