Wednesday, January 28, 2009

shout outs

I would like to thank the following for getting me through the past couple weeks:

1) Macaroni and Cheese
2) Oren Lavie's "Her Morning Elegance" which has been on steady repeat on my Ipod for a good couple days now.
3) Also ABBA, Neil Diamond, and Led Zeppelin
4) Repeated viewings of Slumdog Millionaire
5) My family and my friends
6) Long car rides where I can sing at the top of my lungs
7) Puppycam. Best Invention Ever. Best Time-suck Ever.
8) And the following two poems.

Blessing the Boats
by Lucille Clifton

(at St. Mary's)

may the tide
that is entering even now
the lip of our understanding
carry you out
beyond the face of fear
may you kiss
the wind then turn from it
certain that it will
love you back may you
open your eyes to water
water waving forever
and may you in your innocence
sail through this to that


We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know that place for the first time.

--T.S. Eliot

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that.

Kristy said...

The T.S. poem. Beautiful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin